Summer of Thanks Sweepstakes - Official Rules 2012
1. Introduction: Ocean City Department of Tourism is offering three vacations as an incentive to check-in to participating Ocean City, MD businesses via the Official App of Ocean City, "Ocean City Mobile." NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility: Entrant must be 18 as of April 23, 2012 and a resident of the continental 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Ocean City, Maryland and Ocean City Department of Tourism, parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents and the immediate family (defined as parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents) of each such employees, and all those with whom such employees are domiciled, are NOT eligible.
3. Timing: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 am E.T. on Monday, April 23, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. E.T. on Monday, September 3, 2012.
4. How to Enter: Visit http://www.ococean.com/thanks, the iTunes store, or the Android Market and download the Ocean City Mobile app. Use the Summer of Thanks section of the app to register your name and email address and check-in to participating businesses. Each check-in qualifies as one entry into the contest. The user device ID will be captured for each user to allow for reporting on check-ins for each registered user. Note: If app is deleted and reinstalled at any time, local user data will be lost and user will have to re-register for the "Summer of Thanks" promotion. Upon re-registration, the database will be checked for duplicate name and email address. If a record exists, previous check-ins will be re-attributed to that user.
5. Drawing: This sweepstakes will have three drawings held on Friday, September 14, 2012. The winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in the Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements. Drawing to be conducted by Ocean City Department of Tourism, or its advertising agency, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by e-mail within thirty days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within fourteen (14) days after the first attempt to contact such potential winner, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all entries received.
6. Prizes: The following prizes will be awarded, in the order listed below:
a. One (1) five (5)-night stay at the Francis Scott Key Family Resort to accommodate up to four persons. Date of stay based on availability.
b. One (1) Ocean City vacation at an accommodation to be selected by the Ocean City Department of Tourism
c. One (1) Ocean City vacation at an accommodation to be selected by the Ocean City Department of Tourism
Some conditions may apply. Prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made. All taxes, fees and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner.
7. Other Terms and Conditions: The winners and any guests who will share in the prizes will each be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release, within fourteen (14) days of notification, failing which the winner will be disqualified and another winner selected in the place of the disqualified person at random from all entries received. If any prize or prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and another potential winner will be selected in the original potential winner's place. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees that Ocean City Department of Tourism and those acting under its authority, may use winners' names, picture/portrait likeness and/or voice, for advertising and promotional purposes without further consideration, unless prohibited by law. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNERS AGREE THAT OCEAN CITY DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM, ITS, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNER FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY.
Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited.
8. Miscellaneous: All mobile app check-in entries and data become the sole property of Ocean City Department of Tourism. In the event of a dispute, entries made via the app will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Ocean City Department of Tourism with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, geo-location inaccuracies, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Ocean City Department of Tourism that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Ocean City Department of Tourism reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Ocean City Department of Tourism assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Ocean City Department of Tourism is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, mobile device geo-location services, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Ocean City Department of Tourism on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes. Ocean City Department of Tourism is not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected entries. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR MOBILE APPLICATON OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, OCEAN CITY DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Sponsor(s): The Sponsor of this sweepstakes is Ocean City Department of Tourism.
10. Declaration. To receive a copy of the sweepstakes winner's name, send your name and return address to: Ocean City Vacation Getaway Sweepstakes; C/O MGH, Suite 600; 100 Painters Mill Road; Owings Mills, MD 21117