Whether you're looking for a fun family vacation at the beach, 17 outstanding golf courses, world-famous sport fishing or a weekend getaway, Ocean City delivers everything you desire ASAP. See for yourself and try out one or all of our top ten must-dos while you are visiting Ocean City, MD.
813 S. Atlantic Ave., Boardwalk at Inlet, Ocean City, MD, 21842
The OC Life Saving Museum will be open during the month of September, 7 days a week between 10am – 6pm. Visit this terrific stop while enjoying a wonderful Inlet view! Enjoy the unique gift shop.
1) Hit the boardwalk. At just under three miles, the Ocean City, Maryland boardwalk is a perfect family bike ride, an invigorating walk or run, or a relaxing tram ride. At night, the boardwalk comes to life with rides, arcades, performers and so much more.
2) Indulge in our culinary delights. Ocean City restaurants serve up fresh seafood, boardwalk fries, Maryland crab cakes, hot, fresh pizza, juicy Delmarva fried chicken, sweet saltwater taffy and some of the finest dining in the Mid-Atlantic.
3) Catch the sun's ups and downs. Sunsets are spectacular on the bay as the sun sinks down along the western side of the island. And a glorious sunrise on the Ocean City beach is worth getting up early for.
5) Check out Assateague's wild ponies. The famous ponies are just nine miles from Ocean City, along with nature trails, deer, foxes and thousands of birds.
6) Do some serious shopping. Hit our outlets, the boardwalk, Gold Coast Mall, boutiques or do some antiquing in nearby Snow Hill and Berlin.
7) Enjoy our nights of free family fun. In the summer there is a free family event almost every day of the week. Some of the events include:
Sundaes in the Park with free concert, fireworks and ice cream for a small fee at Northside Park.
Concerts on the Beach every Wednesday evening.
Free Movies on the Beach Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.
Family Beach Olympics on Tuesday evenings.
Sunset Park Party Nights every Thursday.
Laser Light Shows on Sundays.
Fireworks on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Learn more about free family events and start planning your vacation.
8) Explore the beauty of Northside Park. This 58-acre complex is Ocean City's largest and most popular park facility. Play your favorite sport on our softball, baseball or soccer fields. Or pack a lunch, grab your family and enjoy some quality time at one of our lovely picnic sites. Northside Park is also home to playgrounds, a gazebo and walking paths.
9) Fore! Ocean City is home to some of the most scenic and challenging golf courses in the Mid-Atlantic region. Or if miniature golf is more your speed, you will find a number of fun courses in town.
10) Plan your return trip to Ocean City ASAP. There's so much to do, you'll never fit it all into one visit. So scope out what you'd like to try on your next Ocean City vacation, and make your reservations now!