Currently under restoration, the 1740's Georgian structure is believed to be the only property of its vintage along the Mid Atlantic seaside to be open to the public. The original land grant dates to 1677 and included 2200 acres of waterfront property. Rackliffe House Trust has entered a long-term agreement with the MD Department of Natural Resources to restore the manor house to its original appearance and to establish a coastal heritage center that interprets the development of local seaside civilization.
To reach Rackliffe House, turn into Marsh View Lane, off Stephen Decatur Road (Route 611), at the Assateague National Seashore Visitors Center. On opening days, visitors may drive 1/2-mile down Tom Patton Lane and park in the designated area near Rackliffe House. On non-opening days, visitors are asked to park in the visitor center lot and hike or bike the half-mile trail along Tom Patton Lane.
For more Open Seasonally from May through October. For specific times and admission fees, please visit our website.information about Rackliffe House, please call 443-614-0261 or visit www.rackliffehouse.com.