Every dog deserves a vacation. So pack your pup’s suitcase, because it’s the time of year where they can join you and your family to take a trip! From October 1 - April 30 each year, Ocean City welcomes your four-legged friend on the beach and boardwalk.
Read on to find out more about bringing your dog to Ocean City, Maryland!
Pups want to play! Here are a few suggestions of where your dog can enjoy a little playtime:
- If you have a water-loving pup, a great spot to bring them is Homer Gudelsky Park, which is lovingly referred to as Stinky Beach by locals.
- If you want to hit the sand with your pup during peak season, we’d recommend heading over to Assateague State Park.
More and more businesses each year have started allowing pets in outdoor areas.
- We understand that finding the perfect place to stay can be a challenge! Make it easy and click here for a list of Pet-Friendly accommodations.
- If your pup is hoping to join your six o’clock dinner reservation, you’re in luck! A great option for waterfront dining is Macky’s Bayside Bar & Grill. They even have a special menu just for dogs! Some other great options include Longboard Cafe, 45th St. Taphouse, Brass Balls Saloon, Fish Tales, and more!
- After spending the afternoon strolling the Boardwalk, head to Backshore Brewing Company for a craft beer and a great puppy photo opp!
- When you need a supply refill, visit Sandy Paws or the PETCO in West Ocean City.
- Planning to be in town for a bit? Check out OCMD Recreation & Parks classes for dog owners!
- In case of emergency, call Precious Paws Animal Hospital.
While we love to let our furry friends explore, dogs must be leashed at all times, unless at a designated Dog Park. We ask that you help keep our beaches beautiful by removing any pet waste left behind.