One of the best parts of an Ocean City vacation is taking in the beautiful views. Whether it’s watching the waves or taking in a view of the town at the top of the ferris wheel, there’s so much to see.
Because Ocean City is located on a peninsula, you have the unique opportunity to experience both a beautiful sunrise over the beach AND a gorgeous sunset over the Bay. Read on to find out where to catch the best views in town:
- The best place to catch a sunrise is directly on the sand! Find your spot on the beach and feast your eyes on a perfect view. For a different perspective, head under the pier!
- Choose your accommodations wisely for premium sunrise moments. Pick a rental with an oceanfront balcony to drink your morning coffee and watch the sun, or choose a hotel like Monte Carlo Boardwalk to take advantage of their oceanfront roof deck!
- The Boardwalk is a great option to take in the sights. Get your blood pumping with a run or a bicycle ride, or take it easy on a bench with a box of donuts for breakfast.
- A classic sunset spot is at Northside Park, surrounded by beautiful bayside views and nature. You can enjoy the view from the land, or head out onto the long pier to get closer to the horizon.
- A spot that is notorious for their evenings is Fager’s Island. During dinner each night, Fager’s celebrates the sunset timed alongside Tchaikovsky’s "1812 Overture." Their pier is the perfect spot to experience it all!
- There are a ton of great spots to eat dinner and catch a beautiful sunset over the Bay (preferably with an orange crush in hand). A few fan favorites are The Hobbit, Harpoon Hanna’s, Macky’s Bayside Bar & Grill, Seacrets and the 45th St Taphouse. Before heading out, be sure to contact the restaurant to confirm any seasonal hour changes!
- Sunsets at Assateague Island are absolutely spectacular, and can only be made better when you catch the wild ponies in one of your photos!
- Head down to the Inlet Park on the southernmost end of Ocean City to catch the sunset over Assateague Island. While you’re Downtown, also swing by the aptly named Sunset Park!
- Get as close to the horizon as possible when you’re floating on a boat in the Bay!
- During the summer season, one of the coolest spots to catch a sunset is from the top of a ferris wheel! Take one of our amusement park rides for a spin to have an amazing nighttime ride.
No matter the time of day or season, Ocean City views never get old. If you capture a magical moment while you’re in town, post it on Instagram using the tag #OCMD to have it shared on our official social media pages!