While you’re on vacation, relaxing and enjoying your home away from home, it’s important that you feel comfortable and safe. Luckily, there are so many fun activities in Ocean City to enjoy while remaining physically distant.
Enjoy Local Food:
- Ocean City restaurants are allowed to serve in outdoor dining spaces. Requirements include appropriately-distanced table seating, proper sanitation and other precautionary measures. Give your favorite spot a call to see if they have outdoor dining available.
- Grab some crabs and shrimp from your favorite seafood restaurant and have an at-home seafood feast! Don’t forget your crab mallets and brown paper for the ultimate experience!
- A dozen donuts or an acai bowl combined with a sunrise make for a sweet start to your day! Take your treat to watch the sunrise on the beach to achieve total bliss.
Have an Outdoors Adventure:
- If you’ve missed surfing or if you’re wanting to learn to surf, then grab a surfboard rental from K-Coast Surf Shop or even take a lesson!
- Stay hundreds of feet up, up and away from the crowds when you go parasailing! Or, fly past others and enjoy views of the back bays by renting a jet ski! Your selection of water activities is endless.
- Find an escape using kayaks to transport you to a quiet world of natural beauty. Check out Ayers Creek Adventures for your trip.
- Grab a fishing rod and catch your own dinner. Find out everything you need to know about fishing in OCMD here.
- Get your steps in by taking a walk on one of Assateague Island’s trails. If you’re lucky, you’ll even catch some wild ponies!
Experience Recreation and Relaxation:
- Grab a book or magazine, find a spot on the beach and enjoy the sounds of the ocean.
- Take your furry friend on a walk through Northside Park.
- Early bird gets the worm! Get up early and enjoy a breathtaking sunrise -- don’t miss the opportunity to snap a photo!
- Enjoy all the Boardwalk views while staying active on a morning bike ride.
- Hit the beach to build a sandcastle, or even fly a kite!
- If you’re worried about the crowds, don’t sweat! Consider visiting the beach or Boardwalk during non-peak days and times.
- If you’re interested in visiting a local business and have safety concerns, we encourage you to call them in advance to see how they’re taking precautions. For more info, you can also view our FAQ page.
Though OCMD is open and welcoming visitors, personal responsibility and doing what is comfortable for your family will continue to be of great importance when vacationing. By practicing extra-precaution through physical distancing and wearing facial coverings indoors, we can all continue to have fun at the beach!