With all the chaos of 2020, this is the perfect year to make new holiday traditions with your family. Why not make them in your happy place? Read on for our favorite ways to spend Thanksgiving in Ocean City this year:
WHERE TO STAY
○ If you’re hoping to host Thanksgiving dinner in your hotel room, you’re going to want to stay in a multi-bedroom suite, preferably with a dining room setup. Check out some of these oceanfront spots to enjoy your celebration with a view:
○ If you prefer to stay bayside, Cambria Ocean City is a great new choice with a $69 holiday-stay rate!
○ Indulge in the ultimate R&R holiday by taking advantage of the Grand Hotel & Spa Winter Getaway rates.
○ Make your celebration effortless by choosing a hotel that hosts Thanksgiving!
• One option is the Courtyard by Marriot, where the on-site Captain’s Table Restaurant will be serving Thanksgiving dinner.
• Dunes Manor will be hosting Thanksgiving in their Victorian Room Restaurant.
• Schooner’s, located in the Princess Royale Resort, will be hosting Thanksgiving dinner with a side of unbeatable oceanfront views.
• For a gorgeous bayside Thanksgiving, consider the Residence Inn by Mariott. They’re offering an awesome Gobble & Gander package, which includes your stay, dinner, and even tickets to Winterfest of Lights!
• The DoubleTree by Hilton will be serving Thanksgiving in their gorgeous Marlin Moon Restaurant. Make your reservations now!
WHERE TO EAT
○ While you’re in town, check out some of the local restaurants that are open during the winter season.
○ If you’re cooking for your Thanksgiving festivities, you might need to run out for supplies. Consider going to the Acme on 94th Bayside, Food Lion on 118th Bayside, Food Lion on Rt. 611/Stephen Decatur Highway, or the Minit Market on 31st Bayside.
○ Let someone else do the cooking while you’re in town. You can still enjoy a traditional sit-down Thanksgiving feast without doing all the work!
• Head to Harpoon Hanna’s for their plated dinner specials.
• Feeling fancy this holiday? Head to Ruth’s Chris Steak House for some fine dining.
• Stop by Denny’s to spend Thanksgiving at a familiar classic.
○ If your family would prefer to kick it at the condo and celebrate in the comfort of sweatpants, look into one of these delicious to-go options to enjoy from your home away from home:
• Fager’s Island will be offering a carryout feast for the ultimate celebration with minimal effort required!
• Along with their traditional sit-down dinner, Dunes Manor is offering Thanksgiving Family Meals to-go.
○ Switch up your holiday traditions – skip the pie and grab a scoop from Dumser’s Dairyland instead!
○ To gear up for or recover from the big feast, opt for an effortless takeout meal on the days shouldering the holiday. Keep it effortless by ordering one of these options.
WHAT TO DO
○ While you’re in town, kick off the holiday season with some festive local events:
• If you’re a golfer, head over to Eagle’s Landing Golf Course on November 21 for the Turkey Trot Open.
• Stop by the Life-Saving Station Museum Open House to celebrate the holidays with FREE admission for everyone and special sales in the gift shop!
• Head to Winterfest of Lights and see Northside Park transformed into a Winter Wonderland! Enjoy a walking tour and be dazzled by hundreds of animated light displays, sip delicious hot chocolate, and meet Santa!
○ A holiday long weekend is the perfect time to hit the links. Check out one of our 17 championship courses to have some fun with the ones you love.
○ Take the time off to rest and relax! Take advantage of comfy midday naps in your hotel, do some yoga on the beach, or even take a trip to the spa!
○ If you’re looking to take advantage of holiday deals, the Ocean City Outlets are nearby for some great Black Friday shopping!
○ Run off your turkey coma or hit the fields for family flag football at Northside Park.
○ Hit the beach and cozy up around a bonfire! Don’t forget to pack your comfy blankets!
○ Help your pup stretch their legs with a sunrise walk on the beach, or let them run free at the Dog Playground!
○ For some charming surroundings that feel like a Hallmark movie, spend an afternoon walking around neighboring Berlin.