The magic of summertime can be hard to find when August hasn’t even arrived and you’re already out of ways to keep restless kiddos amused. Luckily, Ocean City has countless activities and events to excite children of all ages. Here are a few of our favorites that will be sure to entertain the little ones, and renew the whole family’s love of summer.
- Ocean City’s Recreation and Parks offers a wide variety of daily and weekly camps all across town for everything from golf and junior beach patrol to tennis and estuary. For a complete list of all upcoming summer camps, click here.
*Please note that summer camps are only open to Maryland residents for the summer of 2020.
SPORTS + RECREATION
- Rent a bike, or grab some rollerblades and coast the Boardwalk in the morning.
- Hit up the Ocean City Skate Bowl Park to drop-in to a fun skating experience.
- Spend an afternoon checking out one of Ocean City’s many parks and playgrounds. From tennis courts to a dog park, you’ll be sure to find the fun you’re searching for.
- Test out your ancient archaeology skills and search for the Dinosaur Bones Playground in the sand near 3rd Street.
- Drop a line and spend the afternoon fishing. Northside Park has a great pier, with no license requirement.
ATTRACTIONS + AMUSEMENTS
- Come take a ride on the country’s oldest continuously operated carousel at Trimper’s Rides.
- Explore OC’s largest collection of oddities at Ripley’s Believe It or Not!.
- Come out to the Convention Center on Mondays and Tuesdays for drive-in movies!
- Get the whole family involved at Family Beach Games on Thursday nights through August.
- Grab a (physically distant) spot in the sand for movies on the beach.
- End your night with a bang at Sundaes in the Park with live music, ice cream, and fireworks
- Not to worry if you’re heading out of town before Sunday, you can still catch fireworks on the beach on Thursday nights through Labor Day weekend.
- Learn something new each day of the week at the Life-Saving Station Museum’s free summer programs.
- Amaze the future family pilot with a fighter jet demo at the OC Air Show.