Seaside 10-Mile/5K- CANCELLED
October 27, 2018
Seaside 10-Mile/5K Cancelled due to Weather Conditions
It is with sincere disappointment that OC Tri Running announces the cancellation of the 2018
Seaside 10 Miler/5K Run scheduled for Saturday, October 27th, 2018.
Many of you are equally disappointed. Yet, weather plays a key role in event execution and
success. The current forecast model is for a significant Nor’easter bringing heavy rain, high
winds and blowing sand makes this a significant safety issue for runners, spectators, volunteers
and staff. Since many of our runners incur travel, lodging and associated expenses it is
important to make this decision as soon as practical.
The Town of Ocean City is cancelling or postponing City sponsored events and is encouraging
other event promoters to do likewise.
Logistically it is impractical to postpone and reschedule the 2018 Seaside 10 Miler/5K Run.
Therefore, OC Tri Running is offering several alternatives.
• For those of you participating in The Big 3 Challenge, you have just completed Race #1
• For those of you already in Town join us on Saturday, October 27th , from 12-2pm at the
Green Turtle West, 9616 Stephen Decatur Highway (Route 611), Ocean City, 21842 to
pick up your shirt, medal, one free beer and food specials.
You may wish to pick up your shirt and medal at;
• The Saturday, November 3rd Bull Dog 5K, from 8am-9am, at the front entrance of
Stephen Decatur Middle School, 9815 Seahawk Road, Berlin 21811.
• The Saturday, November 10th Storm Warriors 5K, from 8am-9am, on the Boardwalk at
the front entrance of the Ocean City Lifesaving Museum.
• The Saturday, November 25th Green Turtle West Turkey Trot, from 730am-830am, in
front of the Green Turtle West, 9616 Stephen Decatur Highway (Route 611), Ocean City,
• The Sunday, December 2nd Winter Fest of Lights Jingle Bell 5K, from 330pm-530pm, in
the Abbey Burger Bistro, 12601 Coastal Highway, Ocean City, 21842.
Although we all (runners, spectators, volunteers and staff) share in the disappointment caused
by this decision, the safety of all concerned must take priority.
Visit Website >
Add To Trip Planner >
For more information, contact Chris Klebe at 443-497-4324 or visit www.octrirunning.com.