Get Answers from the OC Insiders

« Back to questions

Choose from the list below to find specific info provided by the OC Insiders.

Enter keywords to find questions answered by an OC Insider.

Hi Insiders! I was hoping you could help me out with some logistics for my upcoming wedding. I live in Pennsylvania, but am getting married in OCMD. I wanted to know where I could get a marriage license?
Submitted by Julie B, Levittown, Pennsylvania January 30, 2018
Share on facebook

Camp Hill, PA

Insider since: 2010

Answered: February 10, 2018

How helpful was this answer?

Hi Julie!  


You'll need to go to Worcester County Courthouse in Snow Hill to apply for and pay for your marriage license.  Make sure you give yourself a full 2 days prior to your ceremony.... you must wait until after 6am on the second calendar day after you apply for the license before you can be married.

Hunt Valley and Ocean City

Insider since: 2010

Answered: January 31, 2018

How helpful was this answer?

Karl and Darlene gave you great advice.  Just keep in mind that a marriage license must be issued for the County in which you are married.  That is Worcester County for Ocean City.

Centreville, VA

Insider since: 2010

Answered: January 30, 2018

How helpful was this answer?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

Checkout this page for a good overview holding a wedding in OC.

To get married in OC you need to apply for a Worcester County marriage license. The fee is $35. Call the Worcester County Clerk of Court Office at 410.632.5500 to find out more and look here for more information.

If want to use the beach for your event, you need to coordinate a time and location with the Mayor's Office. You can call them at 410.289.8931 to do this. There is no fee. If you are planning on doing this between Memorial Day and Labor Day on the beach, then you will likely need to do it before 9am or after 5pm, when the beach is much less crowded. In addition to the beach, OC's Parks, particularly Northside Park (on their pier) and Sunset Park are also great locations fo renewing your vows. If you want to use a park, call the Recreation and Parks Department at 410.250.0125 to coordinate your event and find out more.

If you want something more elaborate, I'd suggest working with one of OC's wedding planning companies. They can offer you anything from just an officiant for the event to a full blown package. Here are some places that do planning and that can provide someone to officiate at your renewal:

Ocean City Wedding Pastor 410.603.9918

Beach Weddings by Rox 866.472.3012

Several Hotels also sponsor wedding packages and can help you plan your renewal of vows.  Two in particular, with links to their wedding info, are:

Princess Royal

Castle in the Sand

I suggest staying someplace near where you will have the event and that meets your group's needs. For a list of places to stay checkout the OCOcean Accommodations page. To see some places we regularly recommend, take a look here.

Hope you have a great event!

Johnstown Pa

Insider since: 2009

Answered: January 30, 2018

How helpful was this answer?

This page should answer all of your questions  including info about a license.  Congratulations!