Ocean City, Maryland 21842

Ask an OC Insider

My daughter would like to get married in Ocean City during our vacation in April. They currently live in TN. What is required, and what will we need to figure out to have a ceremony there? 

Submitted by Mary H, Church Hill Tennessee on February 25, 2019
Facebook Share

Congratulations on your daughter's upcoming marriage!

To get married in OC, you need to apply for a Worcester County marriage license. The fee is $35 (cash only). Call the Worcester County Clerk of Court Office at 410.632.5500 to find out more and look here for more information. Only one person needs to be there to get the license, and I think you can complete the Worcester County Non-Resident Marriage License Application-Affidavit which appears to let you apply without appearing in person at the Worcester County Clerk's office.

You can get married on OC's beaches or in its parks, or at many other locations. Checkout this page for an overview of how to have a beach (or other) wedding in OC.

If want to use the beach for your event, you need to coordinate a time and location with the Mayor's Office. There is more useful information here. or you can call 410.289.8931 to find out more. There is no fee. If you are planning on doing this between Memorial Day and Labor Day on the beach, then you will likely need to do it before 9am or after 5pm, when the beach is much less crowded. In addition to the beach, OC's Parks, particularly Northside Park (on their pier) and  Sunset Park are also great locations for weddings. If you want to use a park, call the Recreation and Parks Department at 410.250.0125 to coordinate your wedding ceremony and find out more.

If you are interested, several Hotels also sponsor wedding packages and can help you plan the event.  Two in particular, with links to their wedding info, are Princess Royal and Castle in the Sand. OC also has several wedding planning companies. They can offer you anything from just an officiant for the event to a full blown package. Here are some places that do planning and that can provide someone to officiate at your wedding: Ocean City Wedding Pastor 410.603.9918; Beach Weddings by Rox 866.472.3012.

I suggest staying someplace near where you will have the event and that meets your group's needs. For a list of places we regularly recommend, take a look here.

Karl S.

Karl S.

Centreville, VA Answered: February 25, 2019 Insider Since 2010

I suggest contacting the Clarion (I'm sure there are others ) as they specialize in beach weddings.

Weddings by Clarion

Troy F.

Troy F.

Hanover, PA 17331 Answered: February 25, 2019 Insider Since 2008

Karl gave you great advice.  I know the Clarion, Carousel, Marriott and Hilton all offer wedding planning services if you book the hotel or reception there.  You can find some more great advice here: https://ococean.com/beach-weddings/ 

There are several great restaurants, hotels and golf courses that offer reception venues.  If you can tell us the size of the wedding, we can lead you in the right direction.

Best of luck and congratulations!

Savas K.

Savas K.

Hunt Valley and Ocean City Answered: February 25, 2019 Insider Since 2010

Hey Mary, I'd try the Hilton on 32nd or the Princess Bayside as well as the other suggestions the Insiders came up with. You will have to have a marriage license done in the county and there is other info that needs to be done. You can check out http://www.ococean.com and click on weddings for more details.

Kathy H.

Kathy H.

Bayville, NJ Answered: February 25, 2019 Insider Since 2010
< Back to Ask an OC Insider